Wi-Fi routers are becoming a necessity in our daily lives. They help us connect to the internet and share data with people around us. While they can be put in a cabinet, they can also be placed on the table or countertop due to its small size, but because of putting them into different places it can bring up significant difference in the strength of the signal that reaches the various areas, and that is what we are going to discuss about in this article.
Table of Contents
- What are the Advantages of Installing a Wi-Fi Router in a Cabinet?
- What are the Disadvantages of Installing a Wi-Fi Router in a Cabinet?
- Various Places where you can put your WiFi Router in Home
- How to Choose the Best WiFi Router for Every Room in Your Home
- Best Place to Put WiFi Router in Your Home?
What are the Advantages of Installing a Wi-Fi Router in a Cabinet?
There are many advantages of installing a Wi-Fi router in cabinets, including:
- Minimizing the risk of someone stealing your internet connection by hiding it from view
- Being more secure than wired routers because they cannot be accessed from outside the house
- Easier installation process
- Less wiring
- Less chance of malfunctioning
- Easy upgrade to a new wireless router
What are the Disadvantages of Installing a Wi-Fi Router in a Cabinet?
Wi-Fi routers are installed in a cabinet to reduce the interference that can happen when it is placed on the floor.
However, there are some disadvantages of installing a Wi-Fi router in a cabinet. Disadvantages of Installing a Wi-Fi Router in a Cabinet
- The signal is weaker when it is in the cabinet as compared to when it is on the floor.
- You need to be careful with your cables as they can get tangled or damaged if you install them inside the cabinet.
- You might need to sacrifice a table or desk if the cabinet is not big enough
- It is easier for people who are in the same room because they can easily see the Wi-Fi router.
Various Places where you can put your WiFi Router in Home
1. The living room
2. The basement
3. The kitchen
4. The dinning room
5. The study
6. The bathroom
How to Choose the Best WiFi Router for Every Room in Your Home
Choosing the best WiFi router for every room in your house can be difficult. Luckily, there are a few tips that can help you choose the best WiFi router for your home.
- The first thing you should consider is what type of devices will be using the WiFi router. If you have a lot of devices, then it is important that your router has good range. If you have a small number of devices, then it may not make sense to buy a high-end router with great range because it will cost more than necessary and use more power than necessary as well. It is also important that if your devices are sensitive to interference, then you should consider buying a router that uses less power.
- The next thing you should do when choosing the best WiFi router for your home is to consider what the purpose of the device will be. Although many devices use their WiFi connection as a means of connecting to the internet, there are other devices that only connect to WiFi as a convenience. There are also some devices that can’t connect directly to the internet, but connect to WiFi to get a connection. This includes many older devices that only use mobile hotspots (such as cell phones), and simple devices like speakers or smart thermostats.
Best Place to Put WiFi Router in Your Home?
The best place for WiFi routers is on the top floor of your home, preferably in your bedroom. This is because WiFi signals travel better through walls and ceilings than they do through floors and furniture.
A Wi-Fi router can go in a cabinet, but it is not recommended. A wireless router has many components that are sensitive to moisture and heat. It is also important to keep the router away from other electronic devices. It can affect the strength of signals when it is placed cabinets and enclosed places.